A Linux-focused engineer who enjoys working with various Cloud Platforms and APIs. I develop and architect systems while keeping best security practices in mind.
I work with Golang and Bash primarily, and will use Python generally for quick scripts or prototypes. situation calls for it. I’m at home in large-scale Linux cloud environments.
Passion project of mine centered around multiplayer dedicated gameservers.
- Deploy containerized gameservers to Kubernetes via Terraform.
- Wrote plugins for an extensible Discord bot in Python.
- Gameserver statistics and information displayed on a Frontend website made with React and Typescript.
- API that collects gameserver metrics and integrates with our database. Written in Golang.
- Livestream work of the above projects on Twitch.tv.
Wore many hats covering infrastructure architecture, security, and developer tooling.
- Creation and maintenance of infrastructure using Terraform.
- Developed a GitOps Slack bot in Golang allowing users to manage Kubernetes clusters.
- Created CI/CD pipelines for Kubernetes to allow developers to rapidly deploy their code.
- Worked with Keycloak to provide unified IAM regardless of what authentication protocol was being used (OAuth, AD, SAML, and LDAP) for on-prem and cloud solutions.
Terraform Specialist and Advocate
Setup of automated pipelines and modules to make Terraform a breeze for users.
- Codified several AWS and GCP services via Terraform.
- Setup and championed a GitOps workflow for developers using Atlantis.
- Wrote a bespoke in-house Terraform drift detection tool in Python to scan all of the Terraform states and perform an on-demand or daily report to Slack so operators could easily identify what changes were present within the infrastructure across all environments.
- Performed several migrations:
- Compute and networking resources from AWS to GCP.
- Self-hosted Kubernetes to managed Kubernetes.
- Moved indexes from an in-house Elasticsearch cluster to a managed service.
- Alarming, monitoring, and metrics from Sensu to Datadog.
OpenStack Administrator and Tools Developer
Maintained and supported Comcast’s 100+ node OpenStack private cloud, development of several command line tools in Python and Bash.
- Creation of capacity management and show back tool which generated on-demand reports via CLI and updated a wiki page hourly.
- Custom scripts for deployment automation, DNS and, OpenStack tenant and application creation using the OpenStack Python bindings.
- OpenStack contributor.
Systems Engineer and Datacenter Technician
Worked in a 24/7 NOC for a data center colocation and web hosting provider.
- Provided Level 3 support and remote hands for customers, resolving advanced system administration tasks relating to system configuration and maintenence, identity management and, cloud architecture.
- Worked with company and customer servers running Windows or a flavor of Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL).
- Oversaw development servers where new internal tools were prototyped, reviewed and, then worked towards pushing them to their production environment counterparts. Wrote site books containing step-by-step instructions on how to replicate and configure server environments.
Source control administrator and Python advocate.
- Created a Subversion repository for SPELL commanding procedures.
- Extensive documentation for the administrator side and user side covering the integration of Subversion into the SPELL IDE.
- Wrote a custom toolkit in Python to translate Intelsat’s previous satellite commanding procedures into the open-source SPELL commanding procedure language and import the translated into the SPELL repository.